Okay, so it’s not what you think…
I have been making these cookies for 6-7 years now, and they have been universally loved… none more than when I made them for my besties, one of whom exclaimed they were ‘better than sex!’ Thus, sex cookies were born. They are not #cleaneating or #vegan (not that there’s anything wrong with those things, whatever floats your goat) and they are mostly just butter & sugar. But that is precisely why they taste so dang good!
- 250g butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup SR flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 250g White choc bits
- 250g dark choc bits
- Preheat oven to 180C & grease & line baking trays.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift in flours & cocoa.
- Add choc bits & mix until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls & place on prepared trays, at least 3cm apart in all directions.
- Bake for 12-15min until cookies are just firm to touch.
- Cool on tray for 5min before transferring to a wire rack.
Makes about 30, depending on how big your balls are (sorry, couldn’t resist!)